2.28.2013

We're going on an Adventure

Hey guys!! Life has taken over and I haven't been able to blog lately, but I'm trying to fit everything in.

Josh and I just booked our next vacation and I am SO FREAKIN' EXCITED!! We usually do the relaxing beach vacation, but this time we wanted to do something a little more adventurous and fun. So we're going to Marrakesh, Morocco in April! I have been researching a lot on everything from what to do, where to stay/eat, and what to wear. I kinda feel like Miranda when they wen't to Abu Dhabi lol

I read if you really want to experience Marrakesh you should stay in the Medina (the old town, where a lot of the local people live) So that's what we're doing. We'll be staying at the Raid Palais des Princesses. I'm planning to ride camels in the desert, go to the Atlas mountains, go to the spa, take a cooking class, shop at the souks, watch crazy snake charmers, eat weird stuff that I've never heard of lol Josh said he thinks I'm going to starve the whole time cause I can be picky about my food. But this whole trip is about experiencing a different culture and life so that's what I plan to do!

I was a little worried since I read a lot of stories about people trying to rip you off or giving you wrong directions or harassing you into buying something. But then I thought about it and I from a big city, I've dealt with this kind of stuff a lot and I'm good with saying just saying no and moving on. lol

Below are some photos of the hotel we booked! I cannot wait!!
Have you ever been somewhere completely different than your daily life?




3 comments:

  1. Wow the hotel looks amazing. You are going to have such a fabulous time!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Melody, that's going to be so much fun!!! I can't wait to see all of your photos of your adventures. I'd be like Miranda too and totally plan everything. How long will you be gone for? Hope you have a great weekend! <3

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like SUCH a fun adventure. It will be so fun for you to immerse yourself in a completely different culture like that :) This reminds me I need to go on a vacation...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for leaving me some love!! = )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...